How Will You Respond?
Did you get a card from us and have you come to our site to find more answers about Christianity? As mind blowing as it is, God, the creator of the universe, loves you and wants a relationship with you. The question is, how will you respond to Him?
First, you must understand:Eternal life is a FREE GIFT of God:
…but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23Eternal life CANNOT be earned and IS NOT deserved:
…For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not or works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
ALL people are sinners, every last one of us!: All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
Do you believe that you’ve sinned?: Compare yourself to God’s standards...
God's standard is PERFECTION, have you kept God's law PERFECTLY?: For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. James 2:10
GOD'S LAW IS THE 10 COMMANDMENTS (found in Exodus 20):
- Have no other God except me. Is God the most important thing in your life?
- Don't bow down and worship idols. Have you ever loved anything more than God?
- Do not use my name in vain. Have you ever used God’s name as a curse word or as disgust?
- Remember to keep the Sabbath Day holy. Have you set aside a day each week to honor God and worship Him?
- Honor your father and your mother. Have you always honored and obeyed your parents?
- Do not murder. Have you ever murdered anyone? Jesus said, “If you have anger in your heart toward someone, it’s the same as committing murder.” Matthew 5:22
- Do not commit adultery. Have you ever committed adultery? Jesus said, “But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” Matthew 5:28
- Do not steal. Have you ever stolen anything? The value of the item does not matter.
- Do not lie. Have you ever said anything that wasn’t truthful? “White lies,” “Fibs,” and “exaggerations” are the same as lying.
- Do not covet. Have you ever wanted something that belonged to someone else so bad that you couldn’t stop thinking about it?
The BAD NEWS is It only takes ONE sin to keep us from receiving eternal life…For the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23a
The GOOD NEWS is God is merciful, therefore God does not want to punish us. God is love. 1 John 4:8
However, God is also PERFECTLY JUST, therefore He MUST punish sin. Yet He does not leave the guilty unpunished Exodus 34:7b
Now, do you recognize our problem? Because of our sin, we deserve death. And God is a just God, so He MUST punish our sin! Wow, isn't this a problem? We should be toast!
BUT GOD SOLVED THIS PROBLEM: For God so loved the world that He sent is One and only Son that whoever would believe in Him would not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16...so you see, Jesus is the ONLY answer to our problem!
JESUS CHRIST is God in the flesh:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1,14
GOD TOOK THE PUNISHMENT FOR OUR SINS UPON HIMSELF!!! "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him (Jesus) the iniquity (sin) of us all. Isaiah 53:6"
Jesus was crucified for the sin of the world, He died on the cross and made a way for you and I to be reconciled to God. "He made Him who knew no sin to become sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Cor 5:21"
JESUS IS ALIVE...In victory over sin and death, He rose again from the dead three days later, and is in heaven preparing a place for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
We receive God’s gift of eternal life by faith:
• Faith is not head knowledge
• Faith is not only trusting God for temporary things like traveling, health or finances
• Saving faith is trusting in Jesus Christ alone for eternal life by surrendering your life to Him.
To receive God’s FREE gift of salvation you need to do these things:
1. Admit that you’ve sinned against a Holy & Perfect God.
2. Repent from your sin. That means turn from your sins and run to God.
3. Believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay for your sins and rose again.
4. Receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior and give Him control of your life.
Please contact us and let us know how you have responded to God's invitation.